Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A little light summer reading

So as i've said before i'm currently in college and we have reading that we "have" to read but I also have books that I want to read. I'm kind of a nerd and i'm always reading something, i'm the type of person who always has something in my handbag to read (just in case). So below are some of the books I have on deck for this summer.

  • The Carrie Diaries: I've read everything that Candace Bushnell has put out. I have to say that Sex in the City wasn't anything that I thought it would be but I did have fun reading it. Her must recent release before "T.C.D." was One Fifth Avenue, while it wasn't really what I thought it would be, it was great to read durning the summer of last year. "The Carrie Diaries" are about our Ms. Bradshaw before she had her first designer shoes and her first run in with Mr. Big. This book kind of had me at "Carrie Bradshaw as a teenager".
  • L.A. Candy & Sweet Little Lies: These are all books from "The Hills" Lauren Conrad. Our L.C. has left the hills and add author to her very full list of things she's doing. I'm almost done with "L.A. Candy" and I have to say it's not bad. It's pretty much the behind the scene's look at "The Hills". So if your a fan of the show (like I am) go pick up the book. I should be done "Candy" and moving right into "Sweet Little Lies".
  • Dead in the Family: Can I just say that I love Charlaine Harris's writing, it just keeps me on the edge of my seat with every page. So far I have read every book of hers and last Tuesday her new "Sookie Stackhouse" book came out. If the name Sookie sounds familiar that's because the show on HBO "True Blood" is based on her series. If you love the show (which I do) you HAVE to read her books. The books are more in depth i think then the show and give you much more background. BTW i'm totally team Bill.
I'm always looking for a good book so if you guys know of one that you think I might like please feel free to drop me a line. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :)

    I'm following you now!

    XOXO

    http://hardcoremakeupjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know this repsonce is SUPER delayed.. but there's a book called Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher... really good book!! and right now I'm reading Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers.. another REALLY good book!

    -13 Reasons Why is about a girl who commits suicide and leaves behind 13 tapes from diff people explaining how they were involved in her decision to take her life...

    -Cracked up to be (im still reading...) its mainly about a girl who went from being popular to being disliked by her old friend. she is hiding a secret and slowly though out the book it gets revealed.

    ReplyDelete