Thursday, December 30, 2010
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Concealer: I'm currently using 2 concealers at the moment. Their both MAC however I just find myself liking the consistany I get when I use them both together. Their MAC Studio Finish & Studio Sculpt, i'm in the color NW 35 (which, funny story, is my actual skin color. The concealer matches my skin tone perfect, however I use NC45 in a foundation. Weird right?!? or is it, do you guys have the same thing going on...just a thought).
Powder: Well I don't know I can't function without my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. I just goes on so smooth and it really does feel like i'm not wearing anything at all. That Mineralize Skinfinish line is a staple in my makeup routine, it's just really light and at some point I just really don't like a lot of makeup on my face (or at least the feel of a lot).
Blush: MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul, I bought it in the spring for a nice flush of color but not to much and just can't seem to keep my hands away from it. It's an DO EVERYTHING blush and a really good inversment.
Bronzer: I'm not a real "bronzer" kind of girl. I mean yes like everyone out there I have my own NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo(I actually got my hands on one when it first came out.....I'm talking to you NAKED palette) but I would say I've used it maybe during the winter months just so I don't look too pale(that's right, some black dolls get pale too).
Highlight: NARS Albatross, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Perfect Topping & MAC powder blush Honour.
Eyeshadow: I have loved and will always love MAC Mulch e/s, it's so my "go to" eyeshadow. But I have also been reaching for the MAC quad Colour 4, its got really great gold and bronze colors and thats pretty much what I like putting on my eyes. I find it really brings out the gold in my eyes. With that said, this would be(if I had it) where I would say that the NAKED palette is also getting a work out. But I was very snooozzing and well now I'm lossing. WHEN are they going to get more in stock...I really need this palette, i mean it came out in the summer for crying out loud....wow, that was not a good color on me. Sorry you dolls had to see that. Back to the list!
Eyeshadow primer/base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Eyelash curler: Luckly i have naturally curlly lashes.
Mascara: I tried a lot this year but the one that I keep coming back to is Maybelline Great Lash blackest black!
Lipstick: MAC Hue; Dressmaker, Dressmaker; Creme in your Coffee; Girl About Town
Lipgloss: MAC Boy Bait; Richer, Lusher (really good with Dressmaker, Dressmaker & Hue); Get Rich Quick (great for the fall date nights); Do It Up & Funtabulous (both could be possible New Year's Eve dazzleglasses, just don't know yet. Need to find a nice lipstick to work with Funtabulous.)
Nail polish: China Glaze in Shocking Pink (neon) perfect for the summer, Coconut Kiss perfect for the feet in the beginning of fall.
Body lotion/cream: Nivea Smooth Sensation & Essentially Enriched Lotion; Velvet Tuberose Body Lotion; Victoria's Secret Violet & Jasmine Hydrating Body Lotion.
Hand cream: Nivea pocket hand creme; Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy Cream
Lip balm/treatment: Blistex in the blue container that's my bible. I live and die for this stuff, it's my crack. In fact if there was a study that came out saying that crack was found it this stuff I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't stop using it....that's our little sercet.
Perfume: I'm back to being a preppy Ralph Lauren Bitty, I'm back in love with my Ralph Lauren Romance, and Style for the winter. I tried to stop being snobby but I just can't do it. I LIVE for that fragence, boyfriend even tried to break the cycle with D&G light blue. While that's great, I still can't seem to break the cycle. And not to get on another rant but it's one thing for us ladies to buy our dudes a fragence but it is quite another for them to do the same. Esp. if its a new fragence, fragences say a lot about a woman.
Toner/lotion: Olay Refreshing Toner
Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
217, 130, 224, 219, 227, 239
studio sculpt concealer & studio finish concealer both in nw35
yep! im medium dark
painterly, but sometimes i think it's way to light for my eyelids so I wanted to find something more my color.
None, don't really care for the mascara
nope, but I'm thinking for getting into some, it's just that i have really long lashes anyways, i think that would be over doing it just a bit
I have 3 products from the "give me Liberty" collection, but I am also looking forward to getting a few lippes from the "Venomous Villains"
What products do you think MAC are missing?
more quads, for like everyday looks, I find myself making my own, I know they can do it.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- The Carrie Diaries: I've read everything that Candace Bushnell has put out. I have to say that Sex in the City wasn't anything that I thought it would be but I did have fun reading it. Her must recent release before "T.C.D." was One Fifth Avenue, while it wasn't really what I thought it would be, it was great to read durning the summer of last year. "The Carrie Diaries" are about our Ms. Bradshaw before she had her first designer shoes and her first run in with Mr. Big. This book kind of had me at "Carrie Bradshaw as a teenager".
- L.A. Candy & Sweet Little Lies: These are all books from "The Hills" Lauren Conrad. Our L.C. has left the hills and add author to her very full list of things she's doing. I'm almost done with "L.A. Candy" and I have to say it's not bad. It's pretty much the behind the scene's look at "The Hills". So if your a fan of the show (like I am) go pick up the book. I should be done "Candy" and moving right into "Sweet Little Lies".
- Dead in the Family: Can I just say that I love Charlaine Harris's writing, it just keeps me on the edge of my seat with every page. So far I have read every book of hers and last Tuesday her new "Sookie Stackhouse" book came out. If the name Sookie sounds familiar that's because the show on HBO "True Blood" is based on her series. If you love the show (which I do) you HAVE to read her books. The books are more in depth i think then the show and give you much more background. BTW i'm totally team Bill.
Friday, May 7, 2010
And now a line by line of what all is in this swag:
1. CHANEL PARTICULIERE 505 nail polish from Spring 2010 collection (Do I need to tell you it is SOLD OUT everywhere? ;))
2. THE BODY SHOP Neroli Jasmin shower gel & body lotion (both 50ml)
3. MAYBELLINE Dream Sunglow Bronzing Booster
4. CHINA GLAZE ENTOURAGE nail polish
5. CIATE : One Coat a Day (base polish), Hang Over Cure (treatment for cuticles), Super Sexy Dry (drying drops)
6. CALVIN KLEIN Ultimate edge Gel Eyeliner in shade 301 Cocoa Sheen (with mini brush)
7. H&M BRACELET (pink coral color with gold, perfect for spring/summer)
8. CIATE Pink Nail File
9. JILL SANDER SUN EDT 100ml (without alcohol, perfect for summer)
10. NYX LIPSTICKS in 3 colours: Electra, Indian Pink, Circle
11. NAIL ART FIMO fruits (3x10)
12. ELDORA FALSE LASHES B127
13. MORGAN STREET Lip Balm Chocolate Cake
14. 5 SHE STYLEZONE Nail polishes
15. OPI nailpolish LA- PAZ-ITIVELY HOT normal version + MATTE version
16. THE BODY SHOP RASPBERRY Body Butter 200ml (YUMO)
17. FRUCTIS Elastic Power Fix Hairspray
Here's the link: http://getreadyforsummer2010.blogspot.com/2010/04/giant-giveaway-chanel-particuliere-opi.html#comment-form*Good Luck Dolls!*
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
So my 26th birthday was 2 weeks ago back on the 12th. I got my makeup done at the Mac store. I was going for Rihanna's "Hard" video. The one when she's rocking the Mickey Mouse ears. I thought it looked so pretty. I also went out with my girls last week and had to do my makeup all by myself :o/. I didn't do anything a good as Rihanna's but i'm learning.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Cellie and Lipgloss
2. Favorite brand of makeup?
M.A.C., Nars, Smashbox & MaxFactor
3. Favorite flower?
Tulips and Gardenia
4. Favorite clothing store?
5. Favorite perfume ?
Narciso Rodriguez, Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, DKNY (apple collection), Body by Victoria
6. Heels or flats?
Heels, i'm already tall but I like that extra little lift ;o)
7. Do you make good grades?
I'm a hard worker, if good grades come with that well then.....
8. Favorite colors?
In clothing I would have to say that I have a lot of black pieces but I also like the colors as well so I can't really say for sure what the answer to this question is.
9. Do you drink energy drinks?
Nope, well that's not true. I drink the ones that are Juice based but not that often.
10. Do you drink juice?
11. Do you like swimming?
Don't know how to swim but I love looking at the water
12. Do you eat fries with a fork?
13. Favorite moisturizer?
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
14. Do you want to get married later on in life?
15. Do you get mad easily?
I'm a VERY passionate person, when I'm mad everyone knows. It's not pretty, but when I love, I'm all in!
16. Are you into ghost hunting?
Not really but I do like to watch Supernatural
17. Any phobias?
18. Do you bite your nails?
No, but I do bite the skin around it. It calms me down
19. Have you ever had a near death experience?
Yea, I was on a family trip back from my Grandma's house when our car hit a patch of water on the road and we spun out of control. We went spinning all the way to the other side of the road. If there was any cars coming we would have been hit. We finally stopped in some grass. But the worse part was that my daddy was driving the car behind us and watched the whole thing. So if we all died, he would have watched the whole thing. Lucky we all we're fine.
20. Do you drink coffee?
Not that often but I do love my Starbucks and Caribou Coffee.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
So for awhile I had the biggest crush on Wentworth Miller, I mean it got to the point where I had to ask myself "Are you a teenager girl or are you a 25 year?" Well, since Went (that's what I call him) hasn't been on the tube in a while (since L&O svu) I had to find someone else to love and boy did I.
His name is Jesse Williams and well he is just SMOKING! He looks alot like my BF so that might also be a reason why I like looking at him. I first saw him on "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and he was really good in that. It also helped that the first time we saw him he was a nude model. But I think he has really found his place as Dr. Avery Jackson on Grey's Anatomy. Can I just say that I actually started watching this show again after letting it go around the 3rd or 4th season. His charactor is very bold, brash and full of himself, but everything that he dishes out he can somehow back it up. But yea, then I saw him in Rihanna's new video, Russian Roulette, he doesn't really do much but he doesn't really have to for me. I'm simple like that ;0) but yeah he's cute and he can act....Me Likes!
- SIX NAMES YOU GO BY (this is not easy!):
2. Ms. Page
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW
2. Long vest
3. My BCBGirl heels
THREE THINGS YOU WANT VERY BADLY AT THE MOMENT
2. A response back to my text
3. The sun to shine in my window (there are clouds and it kindof makes me sad cause there's talk of more snow :0/)
- THREE PEOPLE WHO WILL SEND THIS BACK TO YOU
- TWO THINGS YOU DID LAST NIGHT?
1. I started and finished a article that was due in class last nite.
2. Did a little ordering of shoes...really cute ones.
- TWO THINGS YOU DISLIKE TODAY :
1. Fake People
2. That there aren't enough hours in the day
PS. I also dislike that my other half is in a different state....just thought i'd say
- TWO PEOPLE YOU LAST TALKED TO ON THE PHONE:
1. My mother
2. My Heart
- TWO THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO DO TOMORROW :
- THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE DRINKS:
1. Apple Juice
2 Mango Juice mixed with Orange Juice
3. WATER (yep i said it)
PS i gotta have my Starbucks and Caribou Coffee
Saturday, February 27, 2010
So i've been rewatching Sex in the City lately, mainly because I bought them from Target for $14.99 a piece. That show was just about the best show wasn't it?!? Well I was watching the ep. were Burger (who I never liked for Carrie) had broken up with our girl via "POST-IT"! Kindof one of the best ep. I would say. And after that one I just had to watch my all time fav. speech. It happens to be on the first part of the series final, were Carrie is going to last dinner with the girls and finds Big waiting for her. I mean really haven't we all had those speeches that we just really needed to give but didn't....or if your like me....you've given some of those speeches. Well behold the "YOU and I NOTHING" speech!
Big: What? No, no, I came here to tell you something. I made a mistake. You and I.
Carrie: You and I NOTHING!! You can't do this to me again! You can not jerk me around!
Big: Carrie, listen to me. It is different this time.
Carrie: Oh, it's never different! It's six years of never being different! This is it! I am DONE! Don't call me ever again! Forget you know my number! In fact, forget you know my name! And you can drive up this street all you want... because I don't live here any more
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I love this outfit, I think it looks very cute and classy. I have been looking for a white blazer that kind of fits. I believe this would be called a "Boyfriend Blazer". I'll keep you posted.
A: Accessories; whatever that might be (shoes, coat or a good lipgloss)
B: Blush; I have lots of it, but hardly where it. Nars, Smashbox and MAC
C: Concealer; just started using it and I ♥ it. It hides what I want and need it to.
D: "But square-cut or pear-shaped, These rocks don't lose their shape. Diamonds are a girl's best friend!...Tiffany's...Cartier..."
E: Eyeliner; Never leave home without it (thanks Julie)
F: Fashion; tells a lot about you.
G: Gel nails; the only way I do my nails.
H: Hello Kitty!
I: Inner beauty; Everyone has it just gotta find it.
J: John Mayer
K: Kindle; I want one.
L: Lips & Lashes; I got them and I use them ♥
M: Mascara; Always used when going out to the club
N: New isn't always better
O: "why are you so Obsessed with me"
P: Perfume; I nice clean smell or sweet smell.
Q: Quads; I have a few that i've made myself and a lot that i've bought
R: Rings; Not a big ring person, haven't found a good one yet.
S: SHOES; I LIVE FOR THEM! HIGH and STATEMENT
T: Tea; YUMMY
U: Underneath it all
V: Vouge; Fashion & Beauty bible
W: Waxing; It's a must, it's gonna hurt but you gotta do it.
X: X-Men; I'm a bit of a nerd.
Y: YouTube; I've found a lot of great tips and ideas
Z: Zodiac Signs; Not a big believer but it has made some sense