Sunday, December 26, 2010

Favorites for the year of 2010

hey there loves,

So can you believe 2010 is almost over, did we all have a good year? I know I did, can't believe its over but such is life isn't it. I thought that I would take sometime out and list all the products that I reached for over the year the most. So here goes:

Makeup

Foundation: Me and my MAC Mineralize Satinfinish have been as thick as theives from the first time the girl put it on my face. I did want to try NARS Sheer Glow because some many people had been raving about it but that just never happen. Maybe in 2011..

Concealer: I'm currently using 2 concealers at the moment. Their both MAC however I just find myself liking the consistany I get when I use them both together. Their MAC Studio Finish & Studio Sculpt, i'm in the color NW 35 (which, funny story, is my actual skin color. The concealer matches my skin tone perfect, however I use NC45 in a foundation. Weird right?!? or is it, do you guys have the same thing going on...just a thought).

Powder: Well I don't know I can't function without my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. I just goes on so smooth and it really does feel like i'm not wearing anything at all. That Mineralize Skinfinish line is a staple in my makeup routine, it's just really light and at some point I just really don't like a lot of makeup on my face (or at least the feel of a lot).

Blush: MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul, I bought it in the spring for a nice flush of color but not to much and just can't seem to keep my hands away from it. It's an DO EVERYTHING blush and a really good inversment.

Bronzer: I'm not a real "bronzer" kind of girl. I mean yes like everyone out there I have my own NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo(I actually got my hands on one when it first came out.....I'm talking to you NAKED palette) but I would say I've used it maybe during the winter months just so I don't look too pale(that's right, some black dolls get pale too).

Highlight: NARS Albatross, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Perfect Topping & MAC powder blush Honour.

Eyeshadow: I have loved and will always love MAC Mulch e/s, it's so my "go to" eyeshadow. But I have also been reaching for the MAC quad Colour 4, its got really great gold and bronze colors and thats pretty much what I like putting on my eyes. I find it really brings out the gold in my eyes. With that said, this would be(if I had it) where I would say that the NAKED palette is also getting a work out. But I was very snooozzing and well now I'm lossing. WHEN are they going to get more in stock...I really need this palette, i mean it came out in the summer for crying out loud....wow, that was not a good color on me. Sorry you dolls had to see that. Back to the list!

Eyeliner: NARS black moon & Bobby Brown creamy eye pencil in black 5

Eyeshadow primer/base: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Eyelash curler: Luckly i have naturally curlly lashes.

Mascara: I tried a lot this year but the one that I keep coming back to is Maybelline Great Lash blackest black!

Lipstick: MAC Hue; Dressmaker, Dressmaker; Creme in your Coffee; Girl About Town

Lipgloss: MAC Boy Bait; Richer, Lusher (really good with Dressmaker, Dressmaker & Hue); Get Rich Quick (great for the fall date nights); Do It Up & Funtabulous (both could be possible New Year's Eve dazzleglasses, just don't know yet. Need to find a nice lipstick to work with Funtabulous.)

Nail polish: China Glaze in Shocking Pink (neon) perfect for the summer, Coconut Kiss perfect for the feet in the beginning of fall.



Body

Shower gel/soap: Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose Shower gel

Body lotion/cream: Nivea Smooth Sensation & Essentially Enriched Lotion; Velvet Tuberose Body Lotion; Victoria's Secret Violet & Jasmine Hydrating Body Lotion.

Body exfoliator:

Hand cream: Nivea pocket hand creme; Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy Cream

Lip balm/treatment: Blistex in the blue container that's my bible. I live and die for this stuff, it's my crack. In fact if there was a study that came out saying that crack was found it this stuff I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't stop using it....that's our little sercet.

Perfume: I'm back to being a preppy Ralph Lauren Bitty, I'm back in love with my Ralph Lauren Romance, and Style for the winter. I tried to stop being snobby but I just can't do it. I LIVE for that fragence, boyfriend even tried to break the cycle with D&G light blue. While that's great, I still can't seem to break the cycle. And not to get on another rant but it's one thing for us ladies to buy our dudes a fragence but it is quite another for them to do the same. Esp. if its a new fragence, fragences say a lot about a woman.


Face

Cleanser: Clinique Rinse-Off Foam; I'm a lucky bitty I've always had clear skin just by nature. I usually don't wash with anything but my soap (I live for Dial) and that keeps me fresh. But when I'm feeling jazzy I break out the Rinse-Off Foam so i feel like im really doing some shit.

Toner/lotion: Olay Refreshing Toner

Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

Facial mask:

Exfoliator:

Makeup remover: MAC Facial Cleansing Towelettes

Okay dolls, thats my list I plan on branching out on a few things come the new year (I'm coming for you NAKED palette) but seriously, hope everyone has a great holiday and a happy new year! See you in 2011! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment